2 Getting started - essentials ressources to know
This section contains materials which should help you kick-start your journey through the different pillars of Responsible Data and its application in the aid and humanitarian sector.
This section is composed of sub-sections covering the following aspects :
- 2.1 Glossary and key definitions : let’s define what we are talking about and referring to;
- 2.2 Stakes and risks : a compilation of CartONG videos and webinars on the topic where you will have the occasion to listen to panelists from the sector sharing their concrete experiences;
- 2.3 Questions and answers : though not exhaustive, we hope to bring some pieces of answers and pointers to more detailed resources;
- 2.4 Data culture and literacy : a pre-requisite to responsible data management
- 2.5 Data responsibility in humanitarian actions : the presentation of the ground work from the Center of Humanitarian Data and ICRC;
- 2.6 Data protection and data security : the French authorities have developed excellent materials which can help NGO;
- 2.7 Key concepts to master : a dozen of “knowledge capsules” on basic and essential related concepts which can be used as reference by all users for briefings, discussions; or as an e-learning module.
Also, you can always refer to our IM Resource Portal to look up for meaningful materials. Every month we curate the list of resources displayed with the latest contributions found by our document and technical watch :
- Pick a topic,
- Type key words such as “responsible data”, “data protection”, “data ethics” or “data security”,
- Use the advanced search options to filter by language (we pay attention to highlight resource when available in French and other languages different from English), organizations or resource type.
You can reach out to us if you wish to share your own resource, too ! Click on “Submit a resource”