4 Data Analysis
Data analysis refers to the process of reviewing and interpreting data so as to develop responses to questions.
The main steps in the analysis process include identifying analysis topics, determining the availability of appropriate data, deciding which methods should be used to answer questions of interest, applying said methods, and evaluating, summarising and communicating the results.
You can find the data analysis definition in the glossary of the First steps with program data toolbox
This module consists of 5 sub-parts:
- 4.1 Conducting analyses with the “Analyse Data” tool pack,
- 4.2 Calculating the size of a statistical series,
- 4.3 Descriptive statistics,
- 4.4 PivotTable,
- 4.5 Correlation analysis.
This section often refers to :
- The Getting Started in Programme Data Management Toolbox, which provides a starting point for learning about data management in general,
- The Data analysis Toolbox, which provides an understanding of the basic principles and tricks of data analysis.