6.1 Case study presentation
Your NGO has just received funding for a project that will be providing food security and WASH assistance to households who have been displaced due to an ongoing, chronic conflict. Food security assistance will be provided through the distribution of food aid to the target population in the form of either cash/vouchers at local markets, or food baskets composed of set items (primarily stable foods). Market access is not fully functional in all locations due to recent access disruptions due to flooding and conflict, so your organization needs to determine the locations in which cash-based programming can be implemented (determined the preferred option through prior surveys).
Your organization is conducting a rapid assessment of households in 3 regions in which you will be providing the food security and WASH assistance. In addition, you are asked to investigate affordability of other basic needs among households. The target population are households in 23 villages across 9 districts in 3 regions.
The research questions are:
- What are the demographics of the population in terms of age, gender and dependency ratio?
- What are the most common unmet household basic needs due to lack of affordability and do households have multiple concurrent unmet needs?
- What proportion of the population has access to improved WASH services and does it vary by region?
- Do households have access to food security assistance, and does it vary by region?
- What is the rate of food (in)security among households, and does it vary by region or access to food security assistance?
- What are the primary sources of food among households and do households have access to markets?
Find in the following document all information related to the case study (raw data, clean data, analysis plan, analysis and visualization).