Since 2020, the Covid-19 crisis has impacted the aid sector in multiple ways and on various topics, including data and information management. This toolbox aims at providing solidarity actors with resources to help them to adapt their program data management to the context of physical distancing entailed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
This toolbox is divided into 5 sections :
- Tech watch,
- Tutorials adapted to the Covid-19 context,
- Choice of software,
- Case studies,
- Lessons learned paper.
This toolbox often refers to :
- the First steps with program data toolbox which provides a starting point for learning about data management in general,
- the Mobile Data Collection toolbox which outlines the steps involved in setting up a mobile data collection,
- the Data Visualisation toolbox which introduces you to the creation of relevant and effective data visualisations,
- the Responsible Data Management toolbox which provides an accessible and comprehensive overview of the different components, or “pillars”, of Responsible data and Data protection applied within the aid sector.
Created in 2006, CartONG is a French H2H/support NGO specialized in Information Management. Our goal is to put data at the service of humanitarian, development and social action projects. We are dedicated to improving the quality and accountability of field activities, in particular through better needs assessments and monitoring and evaluation. We act as a multidisciplinary resources and expertise centre, accompanying our partners’ strategies and operations. Our staff and volunteers also support the community as a whole by producing documentation, building capacities and raising awareness on the technical, strategic and ethical challenges of digital technologies.
This toolbox was produced as part of the project “Strengthening Information Management within francophone CSOs” led by CartONG and co-financed by the French Development Agency (AFD) over the 2019-2022 period. For more information, see the article published on our website or contact us by email.
This toolbox is supported by the French Development Agency (AFD). Moreover, it is worth noting that most of the resources referenced in this toolbox were co-funded by the AFD and the H2H Network’s H2H Fund, the latter supported by UK aid from the UK government. Nevertheless, the ideas and opinions presented in this toolbox do not necessarily represent those of H2H Network, UK aid and AFD.